The New & Improved PERMACOLOR Grout is stronger and more stain resistant, providing a better experience for the installer and long-lasting results for the customer.Find a Distributor
Features & Benefits
This high-performance cementitious tile grout is getting a new and improved formula as of February 2023.
The New & Improved PERMACOLOR® Grout provides users with a variety of key features and benefits:
- Comes in our new, premium packaging in a vertical orientation with a more durable design and easier readability
- 20% increased strength,* providing a higher compressive and tensile strength, longer life, and better resistance to wear and tear
- 30% enhanced stain resistance* for less maintenance while staying true to its original color
- Formulated without sand‡ for a safer work environment
- Easier to spread and clean means faster installations with less labor and hassle
- Improved color consistency eliminates blotchiness and resists efflorescence
- 2-year shelf life, minimizing the risk of product degradation
- No longer requires sealing, providing long-lasting beauty with minimal maintenance
Both the New & Improved and the Original PERMACOLOR® Grout provide these benefits:
- Good for interior, exterior, and submerged use
- Ideal for floors and walls with tile joint widths of 1/16 to 1/2" (1.5 to 12 mm)
- Ideal for residential and commercial applications
- Greenguard certified for low chemical emissions
- Fast setting
- Equipped with Microban® antimicrobial protection to fight the growth of mold and mildew on the grout surface
- Exceeds the ANSI A118.7 requirement, the highest cementitious grout standard ensuring durability and stain resistance
- Conforms to ISO 13007 and EN 13888 (CG2WA)
- Eligible for the LATICRETE® 25 Year System Warranty and Lifetime System Warranty
PERMACOLOR® Grout is a high-performance, fast-setting polymer-fortified grout that provides a tile grout joint that is dense and hard. PERMACOLOR Grout is color-consistent and features built-in Microban® antimicrobial protection to keep the grout surface looking newer for longer.
How do I know which version of PERMACOLOR® Grout I have?
The Original PERMACOLOR Grout packaging is in a horizontal orientation in a 25 lbs (11.3 kg) bag, manufactured prior to February 2023, or 8 lbs (3.6 lbs) carton, available through April 2023.
The New & Improved PERMACOLOR Grout comes in our new, premium packaging in a vertical orientation and is available as of February 2023. Product Data Sheets for both versions are available for download below.
Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for the Original PERMACOLOR® Grout are available upon request. Click here to email us.
Can I mix together the New & Improved and the original version of PERMACOLOR Grout?
We do not recommend blending the New & Improved and the original PERMACOLOR. For grout color guidelines, visit our Color Selector.
*Compared to original PERMACOLOR Grout formulation.
‡ OSHA action level set forth in OSHA’s Respirable Crystalline Silica (RCS) standard for construction, 29 CFR 1926.1153, as certified by an independent laboratory to be below the OSHA action level for respirable crystalline silica - see www.laticrete.com/silica
- Product #: 25XX-0025-2
- Patent #(s): United States Invention Patent No.: 6784229 (and other Patents)
25 lb (11.3 kg) bags
8 lb (3.6 kg) cartons
- Available Colors: 40
- Part of System: LATICRETE®
- Country Availability
Product Data Sheets
Safety Data Sheets
Approvals, Certifications and Environmental