Air Barrier C3
Features & Benefits
- Part of an MVIS® wall assembly – peace of mind with a comprehensive system under the LATICRETE brand
- Eligible for the LATICRETE 15 or 25 Year System Warranty when used with an MVIS adhered veneer system
- Waterproof – protects structure from water damage
- Class III permeability rating – high permeability allows excess moisture vapor to leave the building structure
- Excellent bond strength – will not peel, chip, or bubble from substrate
- Controls air leakage of the building – helps save energy and lowers operational carbon footprint
- Safe for interior and exterior use – low VOC emissions, low flame spread and smoke development
- Lighter color for ease of inspection makes inspection for voids easier
- Can be spray-applied for easy, fast installation
- Equipped with Microban® antimicrobial technology to protect the air barrier from growth of mold and mildew
- Meets requirements of ASTM E2357 Air Leakage of Building Assemblies and part of an ABAA-evaluated assembly
AIR BARRIER C3 is a ready-to-use, class 3 waterproof air barrier membrane. It is liquid-applied directly to a variety of approved substrates and will function as a vertical above-grade waterproof air barrier when properly detailed with LATICRETE® Flashing Sealant or LATAPOXY® Waterproof Flashing Mortar.
This non-toxic, water-based, liquid formulation applies seamlessly and does not tear or lose its effectiveness with exposure to weather during construction or while in service.
An Air Barrier Association of America (ABAA) evaluated material, Air Barrier C3 can be used directly over primary sheathing, concrete, and concrete masonry unit (CMU) and functions as a primary control layer in the MVIS® wall assembly system.
- Product #: 9269-0005-2
5 gal (18.9 L) pail liquid (36 commercial units/pallet)
- Part of System: LATICRETE®
- Country Availability
Product Data Sheets
Safety Data Sheets
Approvals, Certifications and Environmental